Effective Date: January 1, 2023
Fundworks collects personally identifiable information from you, which may include your name, e-mail, phone number, information about your business, and personal information you provide us with as a job or funding applicant. This information is collected and stored physically and electronically when you submit it to us through the Site, such as when you request to become an Independent Sales Organization (“ISO”) Partner or Syndication Partner, request for funding or for additional funds, request for your current balance, apply for a job with us, ask additional questions regarding employment, or otherwise contact us.
Information Collected Automatically
In addition, information about your computer hardware and software is automatically collected by Fundworks when you use the Site. This information may include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times, geographic location, referring website addresses and other technical information such as protocol status and substatus, bytes sent and received, and server information. This information is used by us for our business purposes, including for the operation and improvement of the Site, for technical troubleshooting, to maintain quality of the Site and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Site.
Cookies and Other Information Collection Tools
What are cookies? A cookie is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit a website or use an online service. When you visit the website or use the service again, the cookie allows that website or online service to recognize your browser or device. Cookies may store unique identifiers, user preferences and other information.
How do I control cookies? Web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to manage and delete cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Some web browsers provide settings that allow a user to reject cookies or to alert a user when a cookie is placed on the user’s computer, tablet or mobile device. Most mobile devices also offer settings to reject mobile device identifiers. Although users are not required to accept cookies or mobile device identifiers, blocking or rejecting them may prevent access to some features available through the Site.
How Information is Used
We may use the information we collect for any of the following purposes:
- to provide the Site to you and to improve the Site;
- to operate, improve, and personalize the services that we offer, and to give each user a more consistent and personalized experience when interacting with us;
- to provide you with information about services that we and other businesses may provide that we think may be of interest to you;
- for customer service, security, to detect fraud or illegal activities, and for archival and backup purposes in connection with the provision of the Site; and
- to communicate with you.
Sharing of Information
- With Third Party Service Providers Performing Services on Our Behalf and with Our Affiliates. We share your personal information with our service providers to perform the functions for which we engage them, including marketing, for collection purposes, and to verify your information. For example, we may use third parties to host the Site or assist us in providing functionality on the Site, provide data analysis and research on the Site, and send out email updates about the Site and our services. We also share your personal information with our affiliates, including for employment purposes, to facilitate funding and other legitimate business purposes.
- With Our Business Partners. We may share your information with other businesses with whom we have a relationship so that they can provide you with information about products and services that may be of interest to you.
- For Legal Purposes. We may share information that we collect from users as needed to enforce our rights, protect our property or protect the rights, property or safety of others, or as needed to support external auditing, compliance and corporate governance functions. We will disclose personal information as we deem necessary to respond to a subpoena, regulation, binding order of a data protection agency, legal process, governmental request or other legal or regulatory process. We may also share personal information as required to pursue available remedies or limit damages we may sustain.
- Changes of Control. We may transfer information, including your personal information, in connection with a change of ownership or control by or of us or any affiliated entity (in each case whether in whole or in part).
Security Used & Retention of Personal Information
Fundworks uses reasonable security measures designed to prevent unauthorized intrusion to the Site and the alteration, acquisition or misuse of personal information, however, we will not be responsible for loss, corruption or unauthorized acquisition or misuse of personal information that you provide through the Site that is stored by us, or for any damages resulting from such loss, corruption or unauthorized acquisition or misuse. We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected, or as required by applicable laws or regulation.
Links to External Websites
Your California Privacy Rights
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as California’s “Shine the Light” law, California residents with whom we have an established business relationship are entitled to request and receive, free of charge, once per calendar year, information about the customer information we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses in the previous calendar year. To request a copy, please contact us at (844) 644-3863 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the “Shine the Light” law requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.
Do Not Track
Our Site does not currently take any action when it receives a Do Not Track request. Do Not Track is a privacy preference that you can set in your web browser to indicate that you do not want certain information about your webpage visits collected across websites when you have not interacted with that service on the page. For details, including how to turn on Do Not Track, visit www.donottrack.us.
We do not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from any person under the age of thirteen. No parts of our Site are directed to or designed to attract anyone under the age of thirteen.
Questions and Changes in Information
Notification of Changes